- Deep cleanse your skin. Take a few drops of the oil and apply all over the face. Lightly roll your fingers to gently press the oil into the skin for several minutes. Remove with a hot cloth and pat dry.
- If you use castor oil to grow your lashes and brows, try swithing to argan oil. The lighter texture means it's much easier to apply and, knowing how conditioning it is for the hair on our heads, just imagine what it can do for lashes! I have had great results using it this way and I think it makes my brows grow even better than castor oil. And without the heavy, sticky feeling - joy!
- You probably already know about the highly overpriced Morrocanoil products - which barely contain any actual Argan oil, FYI - but how about adding a drop of pure Argan to your regular conditioner? Supercharged conditioner for a fraction of the cost!
- Use it as a hand soak. Take a bowl of warm - not hot -water and add five drops of Argan oil. Then leave your hands to rest in there for 5-10 minutes. Pat dry and apply a rich hand cream - to which you can also add a few drops of the oil.
- Make a softening face mask. Take 2-3 teaspoons of honey and add a few drops of Argan oil. Apply to the face and relax for ten minutes, before removing with a hot cloth.
- Add a drop to your face and body moisturisers. Argan oil is high in vitamin E which will help the skin to repair and plump up.
- Add it to your regular hair serum. As Argan oil is too heavy for most European hair, diluting a drop in your serum will leave you silky but not weighed down.
- Use under your night cream as a serum. It makes skin feel silky smooth and cared for.
- Add a few drops to the bath. I hate greasy bath oils so this is light, hydrating and lovely!
Wednesday, 15 January 2014
Different uses for Argan oil
Argan oil is definitely one of the nicest oils to use as a beauty product: it's light, silky and non-greasy, not to mention full of fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants. A bottle of organic Argan oil can be picked up for just a few pounds and it's definitely worth getting one so you can try out your own concoctions. Here's some ideas!