Things

Thursday 27 June 2013

Let's get quizzical

As we have been in this blogging relationship for a few weeks now, I thought it would be nice to get to know each other a little better. So today I am going to plagiarise the "Life as I know it" feature in the Sunday Express 'S' magazine and answer the questions myself. How interesting it will be remains to be seen as I want to remain anonymous on this here blog. I hate taking photos of myself, never mind posting them on the internetz for all the world to cock a snook at. Sorry about that, I know it would make Bossy Thing a lot more interesting but I really don't want to put myself under scrutiny. I choose instead to let a pixellated Mona Lisa rep me - very suitably enigmatic, I'm sure you agree. I'm going to answer the q's on the spur of the moment for a higher degree of honesty and lols.


Not a lot of people know this but I'm very good at... horse racing - picking the winners that is. Nine times out of ten I'm spot on.
My best friend is... no one. Boo! I suppose I could say my mum or YouTube or my iPad. But that's not being honest, really :( I feel like I was born to be lonely.
The one thing I'd change about myself is... my skin. It's a pale, spotty, congested UN-certified disaster area. I also hate my hair, bony shoulder and shyness, so take your pick, h8ers.
My nickname is... ...I don't think I've got one.
The bravest thing I've ever done is... eat two-day old sausages.
My perfect evening... would involve really giving Jose Mourinho something to smirk about.
My favourite TV show is... The Sopranos - it's got everything. It's perfection.
I'd like to say sorry to... my mum. I've made her cry quite a few times in the last few years and I'm so ashamed of it. I was quite a bad teen but I've been even worse in my 20s. Sometimes I can't believe what a bitch I am. I was also pretty horrible to some people I was at school with, calling them ugly, being a bully, and lots of other things I would NEVER do now. All I can say is that I wasn't myself at that stage in life.
My first kiss was... not like in the talkies.
The best thing my parents taught me was... to pay attention to things going on in the world, read everything and to form very strong opinions. I'm too much of a know-it-all, really.
The first record I ever bought was... probably Never Ever by All Saints. Classic ish right there.
It's not good for my image but I like... horrible men. El oh el. The ones I go for are always very good-looking but ultimately horrid. 
My greatest weakness is... my maƱana attitude. I'm an awful putter-offer. Downloading music, also - I have more than 5000 songs on my iPod. All paid for, of course :---) Junk food, too.
If I could pass any law I would... ooh, controversial: make it easier and less taboo to get an abortion. There are so many unwanted babies born into awful enviroments here in the UK and it leads to some terrible child cruelty cases, even murders, and that is so tragic.
I drive... the boys crazy. Sorry, I don't drive anything. Haven't learnt still.
The shop I can't walk past is... any food shop. I'm a naturally toned pig, luckily for me.
The most expensive thing I've ever splashed out on is... nothing mega, probably my iPad or violin when I was younger.
My favourite place in Britain is... Wimbledon. The tennis thing is just brills but the actual village itself is so lovely with amazing - and very expensive - houses. The whole ambiance is really nice. 
My last holiday was... so long ago I don't wish to reveal it. I would probably have to go on my own which is why holibobs are definitely off the menu for the foreseeable future. Miserable, I know.
I'm currently reading... look in the side bar, douchebag! Srsly, though: loads of things. Anything that's around me I'll pick up and peruse which I suppose is why crosswords are such a cinch for me. I am trying to read that Gwynne's Grammar book and it's hardly a page turner but my faves are frothy travel books like Karen Wheeler's. 
The best day of my life was... if I've had it yet I didn't notice. lol ;( 
Bonus question: why on earth is this blog called Bossy Thing? No idea. I was annoyed about something one day and wanted to write a blog about it, and Bossy Thing was the first thing that popped into my head. I am undeniably bossy, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?